Practical Homeschooling Magazine Reader Awards
Tie for 1st Place in Geography, 2017
2nd Place in Unit Studies, 2017
Tie for 3rd Place in Literature, 2017
Tie for 3rd Place in History, 2017
Our Newly Revised and Expanded Edition!
Want to purchase both print and download versions? Click here and save!
Our Award-winning Early American History primary study guide has been completely revised and expanded. Now in full-color we have included additional books, resources, activities, comprehension questions, and web links. This guide will take you and your K-3 students from the year 1000 AD with the Vikings discoveries, exploration, colonization, Revolution and Western Expansion to the mid-1800's with the Civil War. Used as a one or two year study, parents will read aloud award-winning literature from great authors such as the D'Aulaires, Walter Edmonds, Alice Dalgliesh, Clyde Robert Bulla and others. Organized into easily followed lessons, students ( and parents!) will learn the history of our nation along with corresponding biblical principles, poetry, geography, character studies and much more! Though designed as a one-year course, it can be stretched to two years, depending on your pace. Contains 107 lessons and it is suggested that 2-3 lessons be completed each week.
Quick feature list for our recently revised Primary Early American History Study Guide:
* Beautiful full color layout including historic art, paintings, charts, and maps
* Internet links throughout guide for further interest and enhanced study
* Many optional activities listed, especially having to do with geography
* Expanded comprehension questions
* Old guide largely ignored the 1800’s and Western Expansion. This new guide covers much of it with our recently reprinted Genevieve Foster title, The Year of the Horseless Carriage 1801
* Removed expensive resource book, APH, in which we used only 20 or so pages. We still include the five Biblical Principles and have included the necessary information in the guide. Our Providential approach to history is still used
* All seven beloved D’Aulaire biographies are still at center stage
Please check to make sure you have 11 MB of memory for download.
About the Author: Rea is a homeschooling mother of six whose determination to teach history using quality literature rather than standard textbooks inspired her to research what was available to accomplish that purpose. The result has been a series of History Through Literature study guides all designed to acquaint the reader with the best children's literature available on the subject. Rea holds a Masters Degree in Children's Literature from The Center for the Study of Children's Literature, Simmons College in Boston.
Download is non-refundable. All rights reserved. Downloadable materials may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written consent of Beautiful Feet Books. Reproduction for any use, except for purchaser's immediate family, is strictly forbidden. Copyright 2010 Beautiful Feet Books.